Stray Thoughts

>> Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A few random thoughts...

1. That old couples look so endearing when they walk hand in hand..

2. That Primary school children look extremely sweet when they are off to school wearing their uniforms, hair neatly oiled, ribbons in place with very serious expressions on their faces.

3. How teenage girls blush while speaking to their boyfriends on the phone (for that matter how all girls/women regardless of their age look so shy while speaking to their partners on the phone)

4. The inquisitive look babies give while looking over their mother's shoulder at the world.

5. The happiness on their face when someone manages to catch a moving train just in the nick of time.

6. The forlorn look that someone gives a loved one when bidding goodbye at the railway station/airport/bus stop.

7. The special smile that is exchanged between lovers...

This week I have decided that I am going to chuck out all my 'relationships' and 'friendships'. Those relationships that were always so superficial. Those friendships which I thought were based on trust. Where no one cared about what I really wanted. where there was just a give and take. Give and take of money, power, ego games....

Who cared if in all this give and take, the one thing that I really lost was my innocence and trust.

11 comments:

Tall Guy August 14, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

You have been a quite an observer :)

Good going there that moving on with the superficial relationship. I would like to say one thing no matter whatever you do to make them go away, they are here to stay. You might end up hurting yourself.

Unknown August 14, 2008 at 7:34 AM  

Hey Rashmi
lovely observations. I call such pleasant moments 'Amelie Moments', after this French movie named Amelie, wherein she shows us just how much pleasure can be derived from some of the most frivolous events in life. of the thoughts that u have mentioned i really loved 1st n 2nd n 4th ones the most. we see these things everyday, but i doubt if anyone smiles at them, i mean for me these very things get me outta my blues.
take care
ciao

Solitaire August 14, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

Very nice post!! I also like the picture of a tiny toddler trying to take care of his or her baby sibling. They can barely handle themselves but want to act all motherly for the baby!

WritingsForLife August 15, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

i loved your observations and yes, there is no need to put in effort where there is no sincerity :-)

Cheers! :-)

Rajesh August 16, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

Hi...dropped in from Raaji's blog...loved reading...all Feel-Good lines...esp children in skool uniforms...my latest write-up in my blog is similar to this...jus read n tel me how it is..anyways keep writing... Blog rollin U :)

The Listener August 18, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

these small things bring so much of happiness

Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

hmm nice deductions... i am glad u are moving on..but dnt give up just yet.....maybe a nice relationship's waiting for u sumwhere....keep up the hope always maa'm

Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

for ur question on my blog...yes i am in IMA... *BIG SMILE*

Anonymous August 24, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

hello how are u doing>?

Anonymous September 5, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

WHERE ARE U ?

Anonymous September 8, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Cute....really cute post..