Himachal Pradesh

>> Monday, June 16, 2008




And I'm back from an amazing trip to Himachal. HP is a land of good looking guys and beautiful women. The trip did not begin on a good note as our train was cancelled and we had to book last minute flight tickets. Our budget went for a toss. But the trip was awesome. I did a couple of things which I wanted to do before I die. I river rafted and I did paragliding and I walked and walked and walked and took some really nice pictures.
The weather was just perfect and I just could not get enough of the mountains. We discovered the pleasure of drinking actual mineral water. water never tasted better. We sat by the Tirthan river near Gushaini - a very remote village with not a soul in sight for miles together. The only sound was that of the river with its pristine and clear icy water rushing past us. It was as if time had just stopped. On our way down from Rohtang, we saw a lone vulture in its full splendour sitting on a rock. Too bad we could not take its snap. The drive from Naggar to Manali was the most picturesque that I have ever seen. I did not know that there exist so many shades of green.
The life there was so peaceful. In the one week that we were there, I did not witness a single fight or frowing faces. Wish I had stayed there another week just so that I could go for walk by the Beas or cycle along the innumerable apple orchards on the way to Naggar.....

Its so depressing to go back to office again. Wish I could stay there forever.....

11 comments:

Meghna June 16, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Hi Rashmi,
Oh..how I envy you dear...Really wish I cld hav been on such an exciting trip!
Best wishes!

Utopia June 18, 2008 at 1:40 AM  

yeah i know how that feels. i hate getting back to office after a holiday. hmphhhhh!

Unknown June 19, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

hey Rashmi
Himachal is a fabulous place for any travel freak. simplicity at its best! the breath taking views of the mountains n valleys is something to behold. i would definitely like to see the photographs. plz do put em up. i was plannin on doing the VoF + Hemkund Sahib trek this July, but i had to cancel my plan cos i need atleast 13 days, n i dont have dat many days:(( Train travel itself consumes 4 days. Delhiites are lucky on that aspect:D
take care
ciao

humbl devil June 20, 2008 at 6:00 AM  

hey...no more pics to post kya???
himachal is a wonderful place to go...i m jealous of ya now...
:D

humbl devil June 20, 2008 at 6:01 AM  

oh yeah...nys pics btw...

humbl devil June 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

hey missy, you've been tagged...

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL CHAIL

The Listener June 23, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Hail Himachal !!
Keep ur fingers crossed...ull soon hv anothr Himachal trip !!

Tatha Asthu ...

;)

Solitaire June 24, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

Awesome! I dunno when was the last time I did something like that.

Cinderella July 1, 2008 at 5:46 AM  

I have been to Himachal, but that was way back, I was a child then..lol !!

But seriously yaar, that place is heaven !! I can imagine you must had an amazing time, lucky you. I wanna go there again, maybe post-wedding.

Why dint you put up the pix ? We all wanna see them !

And btw linking you.

Sach1 July 2, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Himachal is no doubt b'ful nd you have done justice to its beauty in your post!
I am looking forward to put one such post on HP :)