Cheats and Liars

>> Monday, April 07, 2008

The world is full of cheats and liars. People who lie and and cheat and derive some sadist pleasure from making others lives miserable. How I hate and abhor such jerks.
There is this 'friend' of mine who had 'borrowed' money from me when he needed it. Some were genuine reasons, some were not. I was naive enough to trust him and gave it to him. He always promised to return it to me. Its been 4 years now. All this was my hard earned money.Whenever I have asked him for the same, and sometimes in extreme financial need , he always made some excuse about him not having it, and how tough he is finding it to make ends meet. I knew he was lying. When I persisted about it, he always abused me and said how I was making his life miserable and torturing him and behaving like a cheap person.
Me? The person who helped him when I required? How mean can people get. And to think that I cared for him some time ago. Thanks to him, I have stopped trusting anyone and become a racist.
He lives his life in luxury buying the most expensive brands, spends money on discs, bought all kinds of consumer goods, is planning to buy a car and when I ask him for my money he says he does not have any.
All these years I believed him and thought that I should not push him since he really is in need of money. But when I found that all this time he has lied to me, I am tempted to tell his family and his friends what kind of a cheap person he is. When he got an inclination of what I was planning to do, he majorly abused me and called me all kinds of names as if I was the cheater and lier
I still haven't told anyone about what all I'm going through. Yesterday, I was very much inclined to call his family and spill the beans. But somehow I am not able to bring myself to do it.
Should stoop to his level or keep quiet and not tell anybody????? Somebody help me with this.

7 comments:

Cosmic Joy April 9, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

The world is full of cheats and liars .. and it is also full of honest and dependable people. You will come across all kinds. And you will slowly but surely learn who to trust and who not to.

It is unfortunate you had this terrible experience with your so-called "friend". But you have to move forward. If you will feel better to call his family or friends and let them know, then do so. If not, let it go. And whatever you choose, just do what you feel is right.

Anonymous April 10, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

hmm... whatever u do...do give him a piece of ur mind..on his face..in public......that will bring such satisfaction..more than the worth of money u gave him...

Anonymous April 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

If he's in the wrong, which in this case he definitely is, expose him.
If you have proof, lodge an fir for cheating at the local police station. As simple as that. Something tells me you wont rest until you get justice.
Even if it was a small sum, his abusing ya wasn't justifiable!
Take him to task, girl!

Rashmi April 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

@ ccomis joy,

choosing is the most difficult part. i dont want him to and in trouble by telling his family...

Rashmi April 17, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

@ samby,
That is my wish... to humiliate him in front of everyone... but im sure when i get that chance, i shall chicken out...

Rashmi April 17, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

@ shrijit,

wish i had the ourage to do it...

Satanic Angel May 14, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

it's a bad place out there..well i say yu must give him a piece of ur mind..I wud say alone coz yu wudnt feel good abt making it public am sure and it'd prolly pinch u sumwhr..bash him up vent all ur frustrn on him..and am sure he msut be a thickskinned buffalo it wont make any diff to him but at least u will be at peace wit urself..
and after havin done tat jus forgive n forget..forgiving can give ya immense peace of mind..